Titan met Santa for the first time in his young little life. I prepped him fore his big day by watching Elf with him repeatedly and constantly talking about Santa. Thankfully after standing in line for 2 hours with my mother the week of Christmas like a CottenHeaded Ninny Muggins, we got the most wonderful picture of Titan with Santa, with a big smile on his face. (Partly because Mommy was in the corner shouting, "Did Titan take a POOP?" Best way to make my son laugh swear to god!) Wonderful moment for my mommy memory book, and thankfully due to the generosity of my Uncle we were able to get a copy of the picture. By the way, I truly feel it is a rip off to charge $20.00 for 2- 5x7's of a picture with Santa. And yes that was their cheapest package. On a good note I believe there was a Shutterfly gift card for $10.00. Check out that cutie.Over all the month of December was filled with magic and lots of gingerbread creamer for my billion cups of coffee. Oh and sorry not to brag but, for the first time in three years I nailed the Christmas gift for my husband. Over the years he has by far kicked my butt in the gift giving department. But this year thanks to help from Santa (aka my mom) I was able to order Tony exactly what he wanted.Since little man was so little we just got him one gift. (see right) My future NBA star!
New years was kind of like it has been before with a few new surprises. It started out with Titan, Mimi and Mommy in the ER the day before New Years Eve because Titan had been up the night before all night screaming in pain. And what do you know just before his first new year he is diagnosed with an ear infection, poor baby. He was a trooper the whole time at the ER and even after wards when we went to go pick up his medicine. So by the time New Years Eve rolled around I was just starting to sleep again since baby was sleeping for longer stretches of about 4 hours vs 1 and a half. And as the ball dropped Titan and Mommy were fast asleep and poor daddy was up all alone on the couch watching the ball drop. I woke up randomly at around 1:30 am saw that I had missed the ball drop gave my husband a kiss and grabbed the bottle of sparkling cider and returned to our room where we took turns drinking out of the bottle directly, lol. We had it all and cheers to a new year, after making it through last year we are ready to keep going cause we know we can.
Now the third week in January Titan is fully recovered weighting in at 16lbs 4oz 25.5 inches long. Finally starting to live up to his name, lol. He is cutting three teeth at once in his lower jaw directly in front. He has moved onto solid foods. He pretty much likes everything the only thing we have not tried is peas. Titan rolled over for the first time on January the 14th for his daddy. Mommy finally saw it for the first time the following day. Now he is rolling every where during diaper changes. I finally took the plunge with cloth wipes so far so good. I hope to save a bit every month with not having to buy wipes since now we are buying food. I crunched the numbers and it costs about $200 to feed Titan every month. Thankfully I have the help of WIC with formula and I believe at my next meeting I should get the green light for them to start covering solid foods.
I had not bought a highchair due mainly to not have the extra funds. So when I decided to add in solid foods I needed a chair to feed him in. I had bought the Bumbo with the hopes that I could just use that but sad to say he did not find it comfortable to eat out of why I have no idea he plays in it just fine. So, here I was wondering how I could get a him a highchair on a budget that was small and actually nice enough for him to like it. Three stores and 4 hours later I found my solution at Walmart. $27,00 highchair that attaches to a table chair.
Now you are up to date with the Conti's, I have more topics I have started the draft of so I am hoping that it might assist me in blogging more often if i have blogs started and then I can just fill it in so to speak. Our Christmas was wonderful and going to have to remain in my memory forever. New Years was after the ER and after midnight with a sleeping precious baby and the love of my life sharing a bottle of Martinellie's at the foot of our bed toasting to a better New Year. "Family, forever, for always no matter what."


No comments:
Post a Comment