Friday, April 3, 2009

What to do with the tax money

So Since this is Tony's first year of filing he got a pretty big tax return. I got a pretty good one for me as well since I was only working for the law firm for 7 months and did not make much during the summer when I was doing massage full time. So we have been wanting to get a chihuahua for the longest time to add to our little doggie family. I want a girl since I live with all boys. And Tony's mother kept Tony's Chihuahua Lucky who has never been fixed, so his mom was asking that if we get a girl can we mate her with Lucky and then she would like a puppy. We can either keep the rest and have an little army of doggies or sell them. So I have been on the hunt for a girl that is not too expensive my max price I will pay would be $350, if you know anything about buying purebred small dogs that is really hard to find. So while no luck just yet in finding one yet I will not give up. Tony would rather have a boy, I said NO, so he came to me with the compromise. He changed up his supplements this month and is saving us about $180 and with the refunds we are getting we are going to be doing really well this month. I got another raise and he is looking at getting a second job. Sooooo he asked if we could get a girl for me and a boy form him. Since we have to larger and rather rough boys already when neither of us is home the new puppy would need to be crated for her own safety until she learns how to run and hid from the bigger boys. So get this Tony pulls the since she will be all alone if we get another boy they can keep each other company!!! HA! I could not believe it, but me loving doggies more than I should said hey if we can snag both for $350 then sure. I asked him what his max price was for them he said $500 before he would get upset about the costs.

Another thing we desperately need is a new bed, our box spring is broken and the mattress is a walmart bed in a box that I bought two years ago. Needless to say we need a new bed with the two boys already we need a king size because both dogs sleep in the bed with us. Bubba is a 75 lb Lab and Blaze is a 50 lbs Scottie mix. Tony is 5' 9" and 217 lbs I am 5' 3" and 178 lbs (cant believe I just admitted to that, lol) So you can imagine there is not a lot of room to sleep comfortably. Tony found a deal in the local adds for a kind size bed for $700 and change with zero % apr for 36 months. That is an amazing deal!!! As I am sure most of you know buying a new bed and a large one at that is expensive sometimes you can get a car for cheaper. lol.

So the debate is what do we do . . . we could afford to do all three or just two of the three or just one. First instinct is in this economy to take the money and bury it in the backyard, lol. But I will say if we do all three then we need to save something even if it is just a little bit. I am betting on the fact that not everything will fall into place as easily as finding all three for the prices we will pay, so I think fate will have a hand in how it works out. But we have been keeping things pretty tight we do not usually go out nor do we take trips to save a little here and there, so do we treat ourselves since we have not really done so in a while or do we get really practical???

2 comments:

STILLMATICS said...

Since I have been where you are I will speak from experience. Do the practical. Get the bed! You already have two way cute loveable dogs. Two more just adds to the monthly budget. Plus you should be saving for the wedding and maybe a honeymoon if you are interested. I totally know the “want” to splurge but in the long run, I have learned, it isn't worth it. Take it or leave it that is my advice. (just remember I am older and wiser (sometimes)) :o)

Tony and Paulene said...

Yeah that is what I came to the choise on this weekend, we threw out our box spring cause it was broken and I was not sleeping well at all so the matress is on the floor now. We need to save for the wedding and get Tony's car fixed so we put puppy on hold!!! Thanks for just confirming that I needed to be practical. ;)